Cremations are now more popular in Australia than the traditional burial. In Perth, 80% of funeral services are cremations.
This guide is designed to help you understand more about arranging a cremation service in Perth. It includes a comprehensive list of Perth crematoriums and their locations so you can decide which crematorium best suits your needs.
For general information about cremations, we recommend you have a look at our Guide to Cremations. If you’re interested in understanding how much cremation services cost, see our guide to the Average Cost of a Cremation in Australia.
This article covers:
- Perth Crematoriums
- How to Arrange a Perth Cremation Service
- Cremation Services in Perth, Western Australia – Regulations
- Prepaid Cremations in Perth
1. Perth Crematoriums
In Perth, all cremations are performed by the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board. Cremations take place at the following Perth crematoriums:
|Suburb||Perth Crematorium Name||Operator|
|Karrakatta||Karrakatta Cemetery||Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (State Govt)|
|Padbury||Pinnaroo Valley Memorial Park||Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (State Govt)|
|Palmyra||Fremantle Cemetery||Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (State Govt)|
For more information about these cemeteries, see our Complete Guide to Perth Cemeteries.
2. How to Arrange a Perth Cremation Service
We’ve previously written about the various considerations that arise when arranging a cremation. Funerals – whether burials or cremations – require families to make a number of arrangements with which they are frequently unfamiliar. These arrangements are made more difficult by the fact that important decisions often need to be made within a short timeframe.
Getting in touch with a funeral director can help take much of the stress out of the planning process as it allows you to rely on their experience and expertise. Gathered Here makes it easy to find the best funeral director to assist you.
To compare prices and customer reviews of Perth funeral directors who manage cremations, all you need to do is:
- Go to www.gatheredhere.com.au
- Select cremation
- Select the type of funeral service you would like
- Type in your postcode and click “Compare”
3. Cremation Services in Perth, Western Australia – Regulations
Regardless of where in Australia a cremation takes place, the cremation process will involve a number of fairly routine steps. However, there are additional rules for cremations that vary from state to state.
In addition to the standard and more expected requirements of a cremation, under this legislation, the following rules apply to Perth cremations:
- a cremation is not permitted if it is objected to by the deceased’s spouse, de facto or next of kin, unless the cremation is directed by written instructions from the deceased;
- an application may be made, and approval may be given, for the cremation of a deceased person of Asiatic race who belonged to a religious denomination which required the burning of the body in a place other than a crematorium, to be cremated at an alternative location.
4. Prepaid Cremations Perth
When it comes to thinking about your own funeral, you might consider buying a prepaid cremation. Prepaid funerals allow you to pay for your funeral at today’s prices, meaning that you don’t have to worry about burdening your family with complex decisions and funeral fees at a date in the future. Purchasing a prepaid cremation also provides a clear message to your loved ones as to your wishes once you have passed.
Our guide to Prepaid Funerals in Perth provides more information on arranging a prepaid Perth cremation service.
We hope you’ve found this guide to Perth crematoriums and cremation services useful. If you have any questions or would like additional help, send us an email at email@example.com or leave a message in the comments section below.
See the full picture and make fully informed decisions. Move forward in the certainty that your loved one’s memory will be looked after. Funeral Homes are Gathered Here.