Buy Now Pay Later with zipMoney
Gathered Here’s buy now pay later option lets you use zipMoney to purchase a funeral. Put simply, zipMoney gives you a loan to pay for the funeral. You pay nothing for the funeral upfront, and then have 3 months to pay off the loan, interest- and fee-free. Click here for more information.
Important Note: zipMoney financing is only available to prime, near prime or emerging prime consumers (i.e. those who are likely to be able to repay the loan). If you are not approved, you might consider looking into your other funeral loan options or funeral assistance.
Step by Step Guide
If you’re accustomed to making purchases online, the process of finding a funeral director on Gathered Here and checking out with zipMoney should be fairly self-explanatory. However, if you would like further guidance, this article sets out the entire process step-by-step.
1. On the Gathered Here homepage, enter your funeral requirements – including burial/cremation, type of service, and postcode – and click “Compare”. This will show results for funeral directors who meet your criteria.
2. Look for funeral director listings with the orange “Offers Finance” label. These funeral directors are part of our “buy now, pay later” program.
3. Select your preferred funeral director.
4. On the funeral director’s profile page, review the four standard funeral packages on offer:
- No Service Cremation
- Simple Cremation Service
- Single Service Burial
- Dual Service Burial
5. Contact your chosen funeral director to confirm your package selection, and to discuss any price adjustments for modifications to the basic package. You can find contact details on the funeral director’s profile page.
6. It’s time to apply for your funeral finance. Return to the Gathered Here website by either:
- using the unique URL provided by your funeral director OR
- accessing your funeral director’s profile page on Gathered Here and clicking “Purchase on Finance”
7. On the “Confirm Your Purchase” page, enter the funeral package you have chosen and any price adjustment agreed with your funeral director. Click “Submit”.
9. On the “Complete Your Order” page, enter your billing details and click “Purchase on Finance”. This will open the zipMoney application window.
10. In the zipMoney application window, sign up for a zipMoney account by clicking “Create account” or, if you’re a returning user, sign in.
11. Provide the details requested to apply for finance. You will then either be instantly approved for finance, declined, or required to provide more information in a manual review process.
12. Assuming your application is approved, to complete the transaction, click “Continue” and link a debit card or bank account.
Tip: At this stage, you can set up your repayment schedule. By default, zipMoney will set you up for 3 equal, monthly instalments.
See the full picture and make fully informed decisions. Move forward in the certainty that your loved one’s memory will be looked after. Funeral Homes are Gathered Here.