Cremations are now more popular in Australia than the traditional burial, and this trend can be seen in South Australia as well.
This guide is designed to help you understand more about arranging a cremation service in Adelaide. It includes a comprehensive list of Adelaide crematoriums and their locations so you can decide which crematorium best suits your needs.
For general information about cremations, we recommend you have a look at our Guide to Cremations. If you’re interested in understanding how much cremation services cost, see our guide to the Average Cost of a Cremation in Australia.
This article covers:
- Adelaide Crematoriums
- How to Arrange an Adelaide Cremation Service
- Cremation Services in Adelaide, South Australia – Regulations
- Prepaid Cremations in Adelaide
1. Adelaide Crematoriums
Cremations take place at the following Adelaide crematoriums:
|Suburb||Adelaide Crematorium Name||Operator|
|Clearview||Enfield Memorial Park||Adelaide Cemeteries Trust (State Govt)|
|Pasadena||Centennial Park||Centennial Park Cemetery Authority (Local Govt)|
|Port Adelaide||Western Region Crematorium||Tony Monte Funerals|
For more information about these cemeteries, see our Complete Guide to Adelaide Cemeteries.
In contrast to the government-owned crematoriums at Enfield Memorial Park and Centennial Park, Western Region Crematorium is owned and operated by a private funeral home. When it was established in 2002, it was a first for a metropolitan funeral home to have an on-site crematorium.
2. How to Arrange an Adelaide Cremation Service
We’ve previously written about the various considerations that arise when arranging a cremation. Funerals – whether burials or cremations – require families to make a number of arrangements with which they are frequently unfamiliar. These arrangements are made more difficult by the fact that important decisions often need to be made within a short timeframe.
Getting in touch with a funeral director can help take much of the stress out of the planning process as it allows you to rely on their experience and expertise. Gathered Here makes it easy to find the best funeral director to assist you.
To compare prices and customer reviews of Adelaide funeral directors who manage cremations, all you need to do is:
- Go to www.gatheredhere.com.au
- Select cremation
- Select the type of funeral service you would like
- Type in your postcode and click “Compare”
You can also find more information about Adelaide funeral directors in our Funeral Directors Adelaide guide.
3. Cremation Services in Adelaide, South Australia- Regulations
Regardless of where in Australia a cremation takes place, the cremation process will involve a number of fairly routine steps. However, there are additional rules for cremations that vary from state to state.
Under this legislation, the following rules apply to Adelaide cremations:
- for a cremation to occur, the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages must issue a cremation permit;
- if the personal representative, parent or child of the deceased objects to the deceased being cremated, the cremation must not take place unless the deceased directed in writing that their body be cremated;
- after a cremation, the executor of the estate may determine whether the ashes are kept or disposed of;
- it is an offence for a deceased to be cremated in a place other than a lawfully established crematorium.
4. Prepaid Cremations Adelaide
When it comes to thinking about your own funeral, you might consider buying a prepaid cremation. Prepaid funerals allow you to pay for your funeral at today’s prices, meaning that you don’t have to worry about burdening your family with complex decisions and funeral fees at a date in the future. Purchasing a prepaid cremation also provides a clear message to your loved ones as to your wishes once you have passed.
Our guide to Prepaid Funeral in Adelaide provides more information on arranging a prepaid Adelaide cremation service.
We hope you’ve found this guide to Adelaide crematoriums and cremation services useful. If you have any questions or would like additional help, send us an email at email@example.com or leave a message in the comments section below.
See the full picture and make fully informed decisions. Move forward in the certainty that your loved one’s memory will be looked after. Funeral Homes are Gathered Here.